Striving for continued excellence in lower school
by Joanna Richter, Lower School Principal
At New Life Academy we believe God has called us to pursue excellence so that we can bring glory to Him. This pursuit is a never-ending journey. With this desire we are continually striving to improve our educational programming and extra-curricular activities for our lower school students.
Seeking excellence in education:
This year teachers have been reflecting on science education at NLA. We are passionate about giving students engaging, hands-on learning opportunities to explore and discover our Creator.
Lower school teachers have been:
- Researching and updating the NLA philosophy of science
- Brainstorming additional STEM opportunities
- Reviewing science curriculum choices
- Studying the Next Generation Science Standards as we seek to continually update our curriculum
As we prepare to develop tomorrow’s Christ centered leaders today, we believe having an exceptional science program is essential to the NLA student experience.
Seeking excellence in extra-curricular activities:
The Wizard of Oz, Singing in the Rain, and now Peter Pan!
It’s no secret, New Life Academy has an exceptional drama program in the upper school. We have a desire to begin a drama program in the lower school as well! I am excited to share with you that NLA is partnering with Zephyr Theater this Spring, in place of the previous Talent Show, to offer our first lower school drama performance at NLA.
- This opportunity is for students in grades 2-5.
- After school practices will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays in March and April at 3:15-5:15.
- Performances will happen on Friday, May 4 at 1:30 and 7:00.
- Cost to participate in this drama program is $150 and you can register here.
- Students participating in the Spring drama will be challenged in creativity, self-confidence, communication, and collaboration.