> Finals Week Tips and Tricks
Finals Week Tips and Tricks
The first semester is coming to a close, and you know what that means…finals week! We know that finals can cause a lot of stress for our students, so here is a list of tips and tricks from our Academic Dean, Melissa Kalinoff:
Use Your Resources
- Your teachers are here to help and want to see you succeed. Reach out and ask questions.
- Notes and previous tests and quizzes can be very useful. Try rewriting notes to help your brain remember the information better.
- If your teacher has created a study guide, USE IT! They spent time putting this together to make your life easier.
Study, Study, Study
- Don’t expect to learn the information all in one night. It is more helpful to study smaller amounts of information over a longer period of time.
- Try creating Kahoots or Quizlets to find fun ways to learn and remember information.
- Have you tried studying in a group? This can be a great source of accountability, and peers can help remind you of things you may have forgotten.
- Switch between subjects and classes so you don’t get overwhelmed.
Sleep Well, Eat Well
- Sleep will improve your concentration, alertness, and mood. It also helps you better remember the information you studied. You don’t want to show up for your tests tired.
- Eat a nice breakfast and bring some snacks.
- Get to school early so you aren’t rushing into your test.
Read Through Your Whole Test Carefully
- Don’t skip over any instructions. They are there for a reason.
- Reading through the test questions helps to avoid silly mistakes. Sometimes you may find hints for one question within another.
- If you have time, review your answers at the end!
Remember that tests and test-taking skills are important but continue to have patience and grace for yourself. Know that your teachers are cheering you on and want to see you succeed. Good luck!