Varsity Girls’ Soccer Coach
Support the overall mission and vision of New Life Academy and the Athletics Department through professional practices of honesty, integrity, respect and sportsmanship as a Varsity Girls’ Soccer Coach. The varsity head coach is responsible for using an education-based athletics model to not only teach the rules, skills, techniques and strategies of the sport but also to help students grow in character and faith while in pursuit of competitive Godly excellence.
- Support the overall mission and vision of New Life Academy and the athletics department through professional practices of honesty, integrity, respect and sportsmanship. Be a positive role model of these attributes for all athletes.
- Provide a vision of and implementation plan for the development of the program and athletes from grades 6-12 including
- Spiritual Development
- Leadership/Character Development
- Skill Development
- Physical development including strength and conditioning
- Strategy implementation
- Promote individual athletes and team publicly for the purpose of garnering awards and/or possible recruitment to compete at the college level.
- Report statistics and scores to the proper media outlets in a timely manner.
- Communicate regularly with athletes and families both in and out of season.
- Assist in hiring, directing, and supervising assistant coaches in the program.
- Attend all meetings, both in person and online, required by the athletic director, conference, and MSHSL.
- Complete all paperwork, attend preseason and postseason meetings, comply with MSHSL regulations, and complete season end responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Adhere to the school, sport, MSHSL, and conference rules and guidelines.
- Follow safety procedures and communicate situations or injuries with medical staff, athletic director, and/or strength coach to ensure safe participation for all athletes.
- Assist athletic director with maintenance, inventory, and ordering of uniforms and equipment.
- Act, dress, and respond professionally in all situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- AA degree; BA/BS preferred.
- Extensive soccer playing and/or coaching experience.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in progressive opportunities.
- Must possess MN coaching license or have completed required coursework to be certified as a head coach by MSHSL or be willing and able to complete the MSHSL Head Coaches Course prior to employment.
- Background check clearance.
- Character reference.
Skills and Abilities:
- Great verbal and written communicator.
- Requisite knowledge of skill development and strategy within sport and/or a desire to grow one’s knowledge for the future.
- Athlete-centered. Ability to build interpersonal relationships with athletes and other stakeholders of various abilities, backgrounds, and goals
- Organizational skills – be very organized and be able to set priorities.
- Problem solver and desire to learn new knowledge and skills.
- Born again believer who exhibits the Fruit of the Spirit in their daily walk.
- Regular attendee and supporter of a church whose fundamental beliefs are Evangelical in nature.
- Have an interest in and commitment to the school, its people, and its mission.
To Apply, Complete a Staff Application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org