Donor Bill of Rights
Donor Bill of Rights
The Donor Bill of Rights was created by the American Association of Fundraising Counsel, Association for Healthcare Philanthropy, the Association of Fundraising Professionals, and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education as well as being endorsed by a number of other organizations. New Life Academy embraces this Donor Bill of Rights and abides by its guidelines.
From the Association of Fundraising Professionals: Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life.
To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for its intended responsibilities.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
If you need information about giving, or simply want to learn more about our mission, contact:
To volunteer for a special event committee or donate prizes or auction items, please contact:
Director of Annual Giving
Give the lasting gift of a New Life Academy education.
Your gift makes a difference in the lives of students every day. Because of you we are able to enhance our current programs, access additional educational resources and extend a Christian education to families who otherwise may not be able to afford it. Thank you!