Lower School and Middle School Classes
New Life Academy, a non-profit Christian school, has an amazing part-time opportunity for an experienced S.T.E.A.M. Teacher. The S.T.E.A.M. Teacher is responsible for an educational approach to learning that uses Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics as access points for guiding student inquiry, dialogue, and critical thinking.
New Life Church was formed in 1977 and shortly after New Life Academy (NLA) was born and today has become a Christian school enrolling more than 700 students of diverse backgrounds in grades preschool through twelve. NLA offers its families a complete educational experience as the largest non-denominational Christian School in the east metro area. All grades are located on one campus in Woodbury, MN a suburb of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Today, NLA’s mission is to educate and energize each student to impact their world for Jesus Christ and to reach their full potential in scholarship, leadership and service out of love for God and one another by:
- Preparing each student for college and careers compatible with the individual’s needs, interests, and abilities.
- Helping develop each student’s unique talents and potential to excel by nurturing independence and self-worth.
- Instilling in each student a Christian world view.
The S.T.E.A.M. Teacher is responsible for an educational approach to learning that uses Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics as access points for guiding student inquiry, dialogue, and critical thinking.
This individual will proactively ensure that innovative teaching approaches are incorporated inside and outside the classroom through interaction with other teachers, school administration and parents. This quality teacher regards spiritual maturity, academic success, and social growth as avenues of learning within the classroom. He/she will proactively communicate with parents and families to ensure partnership in student learning. Collaboration among teachers, administrators, and parents is a high priority and conducted routinely.
Essential job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create a school and classroom culture with positive, friendly and Christ-centered interaction with parents, students, staff and visitors; ensure quality support for individual students and be available for students to help guaranteed student success.
- Provide clear purpose by having lesson plans that reference standards and objects that can be measured; generate create lesson plans with student focus and routinely use formative assessments to check student understanding.
- Instructs using the gradual release model for quality instruction and consistently engages students through interactive lessons; transfers learning responsibility to the students; encourage collaborative learning by offering feedback to students and make learning relevant.
- Professional responsibilities include building strong relationships with parents and students; provide ongoing communication with parents to establish trust; posts grades and lesson plans on Schoology on a weekly basis; attend and collaborate with teachers through PLCs, instructional time, devotions, and staff meetings.
- Miscellaneous may include monitoring the bus and carpool areas as assigned; conduct fall and spring parent-teacher conferences; maintain a clean and inviting classroom through bulletin boards and displays of student work and participate in admission open houses as necessary to provide visits to perspective families.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in elementary education
- Two to three years prior experience is preferred but not required
- Experience related to 21st century learning concepts, project-based learning, and integration of technology in the classroom
- Knowledge and understanding of Christian K-12 education distinctives
- Required ACSI certificate, or ability to receive one within the year
Skills and Abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and uses time efficiently
- Born again believer who exhibits the Fruit of the Spirit in their daily walk and a regular attendee and supporter of a church whose fundamental beliefs are evangelical in nature
- Agrees with the mission and core values of the Academy
Qualified candidates may complete a Teacher Application via the New Life Academy https://www.newlifeacademy.org/about-nla/careers/.
Please submit a resume in addition to the application.