Reopening Campus for the 2020-21 School Year
Dear New Life Community,
As we close the 2019-20 school year and look to the next, we are actively preparing for the fall. We are taking proactive steps to ensure our campus is safe, our Kingdom education is exceptional, and our community is cared for.
Not everything will look the same, but our vibrant community will do what we’ve always done. Create an inviting and welcoming experience where you will find a sense of belonging, discover opportunities and passions, and develop faith-forming habits every day.
We’ve started a mini-reopening with a scaled back summer program and it is good to see people in the building again. Additionally, we’ve created a task force that is focused on 4 areas for a safe and successful full re-opening in August. We will continue to update this page during the summer.
Be assured, at New Life Academy, we are planning for you, we are praying for you, and come this fall we will be prepared for you.
Dr. Bruce Locklear
Head of School
Task-force Focus Areas:
Now more than ever, we must ensure that those who walk our campus experience physical, emotional, and spiritual safety while in our care. This task force will implement mitigation strategies as needed and provide ongoing oversight for protocols as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. We have already begun to analyze the following areas:
- Physical distancing and capacity issues
- Cleanliness and sanitation
- Health screening and preventative measures
- Faculty and staff training and care
Because COVID-19 may cause further interruptions to our learning environment, we must prepare for a variety of scenarios. This task force will explore options to provide flexibility to meet the needs of all NLA families, including:
- Preparing for a full offering of in-person learning
- Providing for individuals who may want or need to access distance learning for short- or long-term periods
- Anticipating and planning responses to any restrictions from governing authorities that may impact our school plans
- Monitoring educational delivery to ensure there is continuity of learning and the Standard of Excellence is consistent between on-campus and off-campus learning.
We understand that parents and students place a high value on our uniquely excellent experience at NLA. This task force will maintain the high return on investment parents have come to expect from our school by examining our:
- Athletics and Fine Arts Programs
- Academic Clubs and Competitions
- Overall student experience in all on-campus and co-curricular activities
Vibrant community requires clear and consistent communication and support. This task force will focus on the following:
- Maintaining connection with our families and students in an uncertain world.
- Meeting the emotional, spiritual, academic, and relational needs of our students.
- Expand our reach to be able to serve new families in our area with Kingdom education.
Re-opening Campus Plan
When we left our campus for spring break 2020, we couldn’t have imagined the urgent shift to distance learning in the context of a global health emergency. Despite the global uncertainty – one certainty remains – we serve a sovereign God who is in control. New Life Academy’s mission and purpose remain strong and focused during these challenging times. While we may have to do things a little different at first, we are preparing for an on-campus experience this fall. Please take time to review our Re-opening Campus Plan.