Preschool Teacher’s Aide- Early Education
New Life Academy is hiring a Preschool Teacher’s Aide. Position will begin January 2018 and hours will vary between 7:00 am – 3:00 pm, 35-38 hours a week. Applicant will assist teacher and to help supervise all activities in the classroom as well as recess, gym time , and other areas needed. Previous experience working with children is preferred. Review the position description below.
The Preschool Aide is an important part of the classroom, assisting the teacher in all aspects of student guiding and teaching. This position requires a special person who exhibits loving patience, great flexibility, organizational skills, and a servant heart to follow the lead of the teacher. High energy and ability to direct students in correct behavior are get benefits to being able to work in this position well.
The Preschool Aide reports directly to the Preschool Teacher, under the leadership of the Early Education Director.
- Instructional work
- Conduct Reading group
- Conduct Math group
- One on One student help when needed for struggling students
- Assist with daily activities: bible time, science, art projects, rest time, reading, math
- Classroom Management
- Walk students to/from specials and lunch
- Bathroom breaks/milk for the class, escort to health aide
- Monitor recess time with the students, manage discipline issues at recess and first aid issues.
- Take morning attendance/lunch count/snack milk and enter in the computer
- Other Duties
- Monitor morning recess-all grade 7:30-7:55 a.m.
- Restock classroom supplies as needed
- Help keep the classroom sanitary: tidy, dust, organize, sweep, wipe tables as needed
- Help with bulletin board changes (monthly) and hanging artwork in hallways
- Classroom experience in early education or elementary education preferred
- Post-Secondary education preferred
- Knowledge of Christian early education
- Can effectively integrate the gospel-centered message into day-to-day responsibilities effectively. Has a strong reputation exemplified by passion and consistency that students want to emulate and parents respect. Proactively seeks ways to improve how the school presents itself from a Christian perspective.
- Born again believer who exhibits the Fruit of the Spirit in their daily walk
- Regular attendee and supporter of a church whose fundamental beliefs are evangelical in nature
- Ability to Work Effectively in Varied Situations
- Leadership Skills – Able to manage their own tasks and assignments in an effective manner.
- Vision and Perspective – Perspective limited to needs of own classes. Understands how their own job assignment fits in with the needs of the whole school. Understands the school mission.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making – Able to solve problems applicable to classes taught and necessary for basic job performance. Can analyze problem situations and present alternatives to their direct supervisor.
- Teamwork and Team Building – Consistently applies principles of teamwork as applicable to role. Can effectively cope with change. Demonstrates a team spirit by encouraging team members and recognizing their successes.
- Conflict Resolution – Able to resolve conflicts. Strives to find solutions while seeking administrative or peer assistance as needed.
- Creativity and Initiative – Takes independent action to work on established priority items. Gaining knowledge of job and processes to become more proactive. Learning to explore creative teaching methods.
- Ability to Communicate Effectively
- Communication Skills – Able to communicate to students, parents and co-workers in an effective manner. Listens to input well.
- Student/Parent Focus – Able to understand parent expectations and student needs in the scope of the normal classroom setting. Listens to students/parents and considers what impact teacher actions will have on students/parents.
- Interested in Developing a Broad Set of Skills
- Self-Development – Strives for more knowledge, skills, and abilities. Takes input and constructive criticism well.
- Technology Skills – Demonstrates good skills in the use of personal computers, audio/visual equipment and provided computer software. Demonstrates necessary technical depth to perform day-to-day tasks.
Position Title: Preschool Aide
FLSA Class: Non-Exempt – Hourly
Department: Early Education
Work Status: Full-Time School Year (Monday – Friday 35 – 38 Hours per week)
Start Date: January 2018
Schedule: vary between 7:00 am – 3:00 pm