Part-Time Preschool Aide – Immediate Mid-Year Hire
The Preschool Aide is an important role in our preschool (ages 3-4) classroom, assisting the Preschool Teacher in all aspects of student guiding and teaching. This position requires a special person who exhibits loving patience, great flexibility, organizational skills, and a servant heart to follow the lead of the teacher. High energy and ability to direct students in correct behavior are great benefits to being able to work in this position well. This is part-time, school-year only position with the opportunity to work in our summer program as well if interested in year-round employment. This position is not insurance benefit eligible, but provides some paid time off and attends work per our student schedule. The schedule for this role is Monday – Friday, 7:30-1:15.
- Help teacher conduct small and small group instruction
- Assist teacher in daily classroom activities; Bible, centers, art, rest time, prepping materials for activities
- Provide one on one student help when needed for struggling students
- Walk students to/from specials, gym, and outside with teacher
- Monitor lunch and recess time with the students, manage discipline issues
- Monitor in Eaglet Club (before and after school care program)
- Restock classroom supplies as needed
- Help keep the classroom sanitary: tidy, dust, organize, sweep, wipe tables as needed
- Help with bulletin board changes (monthly) and hanging artwork in hallways
- Interact in a genuine and friendly manner with parents and families
- Communicates effectively
- Is able to effectively integrate the gospel-centered message into day-to-day responsibilities effectively
- Has a strong reputation exemplified by passion and consistency that students want to emulate and parents respect
- Proactively seeks ways to improve how the school presents itself from a Christian perspective
- Born again believer who exhibits the Fruit of the Spirit in their daily walk
- Regular attendee and supporter of a church whose fundamental beliefs are evangelical in nature
- Post-secondary education in Early Childhood education or Elementary Education preferred, but not required.
- Experience in early childhood or elementary classrooms preferred
- CPR/First Aid Certified or willing to obtain it
- Teacher or Assistant Teacher Qualified- MN RULE 3
- Communication – demonstrates interpersonal oral communication skills by speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Written communication skills are clearly written with the audience identified and the message defined in an understandable format.
- Planning/organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Problem solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Teamwork – can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is seen as a team player due to cooperation and support; easily gains trust and encourages collaboration.
- Technical Learning – ability to learn and comprehend new technical skills and knowledge.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the office environment is usually light, plant environment may be moderate to heavy. On occasion may be subject to working near moving mechanical parts.
Complete a staff application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.