The Enrollment Specialist works closely with the Enrollment Manager and serves as the first point of contact for prospect families inquiring about New Life Academy. This role draws from a personal passion for Christian education and relays this passion to prospect families through phone and email communication, on-site tours, and in-person meetings. The Enrollment Specialist sets the stage for future enrollment by accurately representing the school’s mission and value internally, to prospect families, and to local community entities. Additionally, this role is responsive to all inquiries and maintains contact with prospect families from the first point of contact through enrollment. This is a full-time, year-round position with full benefits.
- Serve as an inviting first point of contact for prospect families, often via phone
- Engage prospective families by phone with the goal of scheduling a campus visit
- Demonstrate sensitivity and the ability to effectively connect with prospective families from diverse experiences
- Lead tours to families and students, tailoring the experience to prospect families’ needs and interests
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of school and program knowledge
- Manage and update computerized prospective student database, application paperwork, and follow-up documentation
- Process incoming applications
- Update and maintain application database
- Produce reports from the School Information System (SIS) to inform department strategic planning
- Engage with families regarding tuition and our Variable Tuition program to answer questions surrounding financial aid and affordability
- Assist in developing a parent/student ambassador network of current families who are passionate in welcoming new families into the NLA community.
Events: Programs and Outreach
- Arrange and host informational meetings with prospect families and students, equipping families with what they need to make enrollment decisions
- Supports all Admissions Events, including but not limited to Open Houses, Shadow Days, New Family Orientation, and New Parent Breakfast
- Maintain relationships and community presence after enrollment to facilitate a friendly and welcoming face
- Assist in onboarding new families by connecting them to and providing a smooth transition to the Academic Team. This is important in helping families feel appreciated, which has a direct correlation to their enthusiasm for re-enrolling and supporting NLA financially.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in business preferred; AA required
- Prior experience working in Admissions or Advancement Office
- Minimum of 2 years internal or external customer service experience
SKILLS & QUALITIES
- Warm, approachable demeanor
- Excellent, timely follow through on commitments
- Ability to clearly communicate information in-person, via phone and email
- Organization skills
- Professional presentation ability
- Ability to effectively integrate the gospel-centered message into day-to-day responsibilities effectively
- Proactively seeks ways to improve how the school presents itself from a Christian perspective
- Born again believer who exhibits the Fruit of the Spirit in their daily walk
- Regular attendee and supporter of a church whose fundamental beliefs are evangelical in nature
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the office environment is usually light to moderate. May have exposure to heat during summer months.
Email cover letter, resume, and staff application to firstname.lastname@example.org.