This position is a full-time position starting the 21-22 school year teaching middle school math classes primarily and upper school math classes if needed.
The secondary teacher is responsible for creating a dynamic and interactive learning environment. This quality teacher regards spiritual maturity, academic success, and social growth as avenues of learning within the classroom. We are seeking candidates who proactively partner with families to ensure successful student learning and who collaborate effectively with their teacher teams and administrators.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Create a positive classroom culture
- Interact with parents, students, staff and visitors in a positive, friendly, and Christ-centered manner
- Teach classroom routines and rules with a gospel-centered approach to develop students into Christ-like examples of scholarship, leadership, and service
- Ensure quality support for individual students to guarantee all are successful
- Be available to students for support
- Maintain student relationships that are strong and healthy
Lead with clear purpose
- Complete lesson plans referencing standards and objectives that are measured daily
- Generate creative lessons with student friendly learning targets
- Disciple students to grow into disciple makers
- Apply Biblical permeation in all lessons
- Routinely use formative assessment to check student understanding before, during, and after each lesson
- Flexibly plan lessons based on student understanding
- Instruct using the gradual release model for quality instruction
- Consistently engage students through interactive lessons
- Transfer learning responsibility to student
- Understand student individual needs in learning
- Encourage collaborative learning, offering feedback to students
- Make learning relevant to students
- Initiate a partnership with parents and students to build strong relationships
- Provide ongoing communication with parents to establish trust
- Post grades and lesson plans on Schoology on a weekly basis
- Attend and collaborate with teachers through PLCs, instructional time, devotions, and staff meetings
- Actively look for opportunities to serve others
- Monitor bus and carpool areas as assigned
- Conduct Fall and Spring parent-teacher conferences
- Maintain a clean and inviting classroom through bulletin boards and displays of student work
- Bachelor’s degree in middle or upper school education
- Experience related to 21st century learning concepts, project-based learning, and integration of technology in the classroom
- Knowledge and understanding of Christian K-12 education distinctive
- Required ACSI certificate, or ability to receive one within the year
- MN teaching license preferred
- 2-3 years experience related to 21st century learning concepts and integration of technology into the classroom.
- Demonstration of effective written and verbal communication ability.
- Born again believer who exhibits the Fruit of the Spirit in their daily walk
- Regular attendee and supporter of a church whose fundamental beliefs are evangelical in nature
- Ability to effectively integrate the gospel-centered message into day-to-day responsibilities effectively.
- Has a strong reputation exemplified by passion and consistency that students want to emulate and parents respect.
- Proactively seeks ways to improve how the school presents itself from a Christian perspective.
To Apply, send resume and teacher application found on our career page to firstname.lastname@example.org.