MARCHING OFF THE MAP
Leading today’s students often feels like being in a new country.
The population in this new land has different attitudes (many entitled and narcissistic) and speaks a different language (emojis and social media). Attention spans are six to eight seconds. They multi-task on five screens. They often possess multiple personas on social media platforms.
Understanding and connecting with this generation is often times frustrating and draining. The old maps that helped adults navigate students through adolescence are now producing graduates who move back home, are afraid to take healthy risks, and are unwilling to start at the bottom of a career path.
Growing Leaders is coming to New Life Academy to equip us with tools to help this generation. Watch the preview below and register to join us.
February 27, 2019
7 – 8:30 pm
New Life Academy
6758 Bailey Rd, Woodbury
Featured Speaker: Josh Isenhardt
Register to attend and receive the FREE eBook: STRESSED OUT. 5 Research-based Strategies to Help Teens Beat Stress and Anxiety.
We’re in new territory. We need new strategies on how to navigate new land… to march off our old maps and create new ones. Marching Off the Map gives parents, teachers, and others who work with youth a manual for understanding and practicing the leadership kids so desperately need to mature in a healthy fashion.
Here’s what you will learn:
- Inspire students to own their education and their future
- Lead students from an attitude of apathy to one of passion through metacognition
- Enable students to push back from the constant digital distractions and practice mindfulness
- Raise kids who make healthy progress, both emotionally and mentally, through their teenage years
- Give students the tools to handle the complexities of an ever-changing world
- Understand and practically apply the latest research on Generation Z