Lunch Monitor—Lower School OR Early Education (Competitive pay)
We have a need for two Lower School Lunch Monitors and one Early Education Lunch Monitor, Monday through Friday. Lower School hours will be 10:30 – 12:30 or 1:30, and Early Education hours are 10:30 – 2:30 daily. Pay ranges between $15-22 depending on the division and requirements for the role.
This is an excellent position for someone looking for a part-time opportunity to earn additional income and/or support the social and spiritual development of students at New Life Academy. In this role, supervise Lower School children during lunch, providing life skills instruction, social skills support, and care. This role supports lunchroom processes, cleanliness, and order in the cafeteria, ensuring the lunch experience is positive, supportive, and safe for all.
Part-time, mid-day (Up to 15 hours per week/ 2-3 hours daily)
Essential Job Duties
- Oversee children in the cafeteria while they obtain and eat their lunch
- Prepare the lunchroom with cleaning supplies
- Communicate with classroom teachers and recess monitors regarding students as needed
- Promote order in the cafeteria, ensuring students are seated with their class and are following cafeteria guidelines and behavior expectations
- Clean up spills on the table and floor to promote safety and cleanliness
- Clean the lunchroom between lunch periods
- Help students heat lunches from home and clean the microwave daily
- Ensure that all safety protocols are followed in the lunchroom
- Report behavior or health needs of students to the principal or staff
- Relieve nurse for a lunch break, after training on nurse office procedures
- Assist children as needed
High school diploma or GED preferred
- Previous experience working with children in a school setting or licensed program
- Required experience for the Early Education Lunch Monitor position only includes a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, or must meet teacher qualifications according to Minnesota Rule 3.
- Regular attendee of an Evangelical Christian Church
- Able to demonstrate the Fruit of the Spirit through daily interactions with students, parents, and colleagues
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand and walk while working, reaching across tables, and bending to floor level at times. Short breaks for resting are embedded between lunch periods. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the office environment is usually light, plant environment may be moderate to heavy. On occasion may be subject to working near moving mechanical parts.