New Life Academy of Woodbury, a private Christian school serving around 700 students in grades Preschool through 12th grade, is looking to hire a full-time and part-time Hospitality Team Member. This role contributes to the success of our Hospitality Team preparing and serving food and beverage items to patrons in a friendly, efficient manner.
This team member performs set up and takedown of hospitality locations, including service counters and cabinets, displays, tables, and storage areas. This role supports the keeping of accurate inventory and monetary counts and collects payment for all individual food and beverage items served.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of lunch menus and beverage and snack selections
- Accurately follows all recipes
- Cleans and organizes concessions and portable cart areas, including dining areas, back hallways, storage cages, service counters, and related storage areas
- Greets guests in a timely and professional manner and answers any questions or concerns to ensure a positive guest experience
- Completes set up and take down duties to departmental standard for each meal period, including but not limited to dining tables, concession stand, portables, and equipment
- Takes orders from guests and enters accurately into the point of sale or cash register systems
- Serves food and beverages according to standards and etiquette
- Arranges food and beverage items in a manner that creates attractive displays
- Responds to guest questions. Provides guest assistance, direction, and information as needed
- Stocks and maintains supplies, refrigerators, dispensers, and/or display cases throughout the shift ensuring no interruption in guest service. Notifies management when inventory supplies are low
- Uses day dots and labeling of food per New Life Academy Hospitality and State of MN Standards to ensure safe food service
- Washes, cleans, and sanitizes all small wares and other equipment Sweeps and mops all work areas. Buses/wipes/sanitizes tables and service counters to ensure dining areas remain clean and in good order
- Completes side work and maintains sanitation standards, including but not limited to stocking/filling paper towels and hand soap dispensers
- Supports new team members by positively reinforcing successful performance and providing respectful and encouraging instruction.
- Collects money for all food and beverages served. Counts money and makes an accurate drop
- Totals bills and accepts payment with credit card machine or point of sale
- Totals receipts accurately, verifies sales and delivers receipts/cash to the proper location at end of shift
- Complies with applicable facilities recycling and sustainability policies
- Exercises care and follows operating instructions and safety standards when using NLA kitchen equipment; notify manager when maintenance is required
- Uses the kitchen or barista checklist to ensure no task has been missed
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and move through them quickly.
- Diligent attention to details
- Ability to make decisions and work collaboratively with a team
- Ability to multitask
- Prefer experience in a high-volume, high energy, food , and/or beverage environment
- High school diploma
- Born again believer who exhibits the Fruit of the Spirit in their daily walk
- Regular attendee and supporter of a church whose fundamental beliefs are evangelical in nature
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk, squat, and reach. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the office environment is usually light to moderate.