The Head of School is responsible for the effective general management of the school, ensuring the provision of spiritual/biblical worldview and academic leadership and strategic vision, and for the quality of the student experience. New Life Academy is a private Christian school in Woodbury, MN. The school serves about 700 students ranging from Preschool through 12th grade. The Head of School reports to the Governing Council.
Vision and Leadership
- Understands the importance of and has the heart of a shepherd that can love the community at large, including students, families, staff, faculty and leadership. Has a clear vision for leading spiritually, managing with consistent and grace-filled discipline, encouraging/fostering/empowering leaders to humbly submit to the plan and serve in a Christ-like manner
- Effectively directs educational school programs, including biblical worldview focused academics; religious, cultural, arts, and community service programs; and extended-day programs
- Fosters a challenging educational environment that strives to support, care for, and nurture each student and helps develop each student’s academic, moral, spiritual, physical and emotional growth
- Sets a standard of excellence for all aspects of the school’s program, including working with division heads to develop curriculum
- Is responsible for supporting the recruiting efforts and motivating an outstanding and diverse faculty
- Plays a leadership role in admissions, including recruiting and serving an ethnically and socio-economically diverse student body
- Leads the accreditation process and helps to ensure the school’s professional standing
- Fosters a positive and safe school environment for the entire New Life community
- Builds upon and strengthens our Christ-centered culture
- Drives decisions and actions consistent with NLA’s Vision and Mission and which pursue our strategic objectives
- Encourages an openness to innovation and pursues new opportunities that enable NLA to thrive in a changing educational landscape
- Oversees the school’s business and financial management, including annual budget formulation, stewardship of resources, planning and financial forecasting and reporting
- Is responsible for hiring and supervising faculty and staff
- Develops and administers operating and personnel policies for the school
- Maintains an environment of openness and trust, recognizing the needs, concerns and expectations of students, faculty and staff, parents and the wider New Life Academy community
- Promotes the school in the metropolitan community, the independent school community and Christian school organizations
- Represents the school to its various constituencies, including parents, grandparents, alumni, friends, educational organizations and the New Life Academy community
- A committed and “born again” Christian as described in John 3
- Qualified as a biblical leader in accordance with scripture
- A godly example of servant-leadership
- An active supporting member of New Life Church, agreeing with the church’s, statement of faith, vision, and mission
Education and Experience
- At minimum, a Master’s degree in educational leadership/administration; classroom teaching experience highly preferred
- 7-10 years experience in a leadership role in a school environment highly preferred (Christian school experience preferred)
- Knowledge and experience in all areas of school administration
- Spiritual Leadership – Demonstrates a spiritual maturity that includes the ability to spiritually shepherd and lead to further Kingdom Education
- Communication – Demonstrates interpersonal oral communication skills by speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Written communication skills are clearly written with the audience identified and the message defined in an understandable format
- Planning/organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
- Problem solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments
- Teamwork – Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is seen as a team player due to cooperation and support; easily gains trust and encourages collaboration
- Technical Learning – Ability to learn and comprehend new technical skills and knowledge
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands or fingers to move objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Occasional local travel may be required.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the office environment is usually light.
To Apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by July 31, 2021.