The Executive Assistant provides confidential, professional support to the Head of School, the Governing Council, and the School Leadership Team at New Life Academy. The Executive Assistant facilitates interoffice communications and takes initiative to build efficiencies that support all activities relevant to the Head of School and Operational Offices. He or she maintains a positive tone with school and church office staff and delivers considerate, timely internal and external customer service. This key office role maintains confidentiality and must be able to regularly prioritize requests and needs by urgency and importance. This is a 12-month benefit-eligible position. Regular hours are 7:30-3:30, Monday through Friday.
- Acts as a point of contact for the Head of School (HOS) with the school community, prioritizing needs and supporting quick response times.
- Reviews and prioritizes HOS mail and email.
- Screens and directs phone calls for the HOS.
- Drafts and distributes weekly communication (Monday Morning Blast) to staff and faculty
- Prepares and updates GC Trustee Manual annually
- Prepares schedules for and makes meeting arrangements for HOS, school administration and GC meetings.
- Schedules calendar for HOS and makes all meeting arrangements, as requested.
- Serves as the point person for all school calendars, internal and external, ensuring timely updates.
- Works with HOS to coordinate weekly Administrative Cabinet (AC) meeting agenda; attend weekly AC meetings and accurately record minutes
- Drafts Governing Council (GC) meeting agendas for approval and collect/distribute committee reports and meeting minutes.
- Coordinates Weekly Staff Devotions
- Serves as school coordinator for school photos – yearly contract, proofs, scheduling, and facilitate communications.
- Maintains expense reports for the HOS.
- Maintains HOS office files.
- Drafts letters for signature based on notes or other direction given.
- Manage calendar for HOS, including scheduling of appointments, planning/coordinating meetings, reserving rooms and sending notifications.
- Arranges HOS commitments to fundraising and other school events (auction, golf).
- Tracks receipts, expenses, and credit card for HOS expense report through Fyle system
- Keeps accurate files.
- Maintains a list of GC and committee members.
- Assists with planning and executing Workshop Week, Eagle Kickoff and other back to school events as needed
- Renews ACSI, ISM and other memberships on annual basis. Updates and maintains accurate membership rosters and manages user access.
- Maintains an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents.
Operational Department Support
- Supports occasional church writing and publishing projects on an as needed basis.
- Supports onboarding by updating distribution lists, mailbox labels, the organization phone list, org charts and floor plan.
- Facilitates awards process for GC, Patti Wiens award, Years of Service awards to support Employee Recognition
- Prepares documents for the AC per request.
- Works with HOS, Administrators, and Administrative Assistants to ensure that employees are shown appreciation and/or condolences, as necessary.
- Coordinates Christmas card and gift for employees.
- Plans and executes events such as All-staff Christmas party, End of the Year staff celebrations, and other appreciation events.
- Prepares and sends mass mailings; collects and tracks responses by needed deadlines.
- Copies documents as needed.
- Manages collection of staff/community acknowledgements, signatures, and forms as needed.
- Completes filing jobs as needed by Operation Teams.
- Edits and updates documents, such as Employee Handbook, per instructions.
- Supports Volunteer Management process by submitting background check requests, keeping an updated volunteer list, and forwarding volunteers to appropriate department leaders on a 30-day turnaround cycle.
- Plans volunteer gratitude event at the end of each school year.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in related field or combination of education and professional administrative experience.
- 1-2 years administrative professional experience; previous experience supporting education software and programs highly preferred.
- Excellent time management skills, multi-tasking, strong business writing ability and communication skills, the ability to manage multiple calendars is required.
- The ability to build organize multiple priorities.
- Strengths in verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively work with inter-office teams.
- Proficient at MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio.
- High degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Effectively integrates the gospel-centered message into day-to-day responsibilities.
- Has a strong reputation exemplified by passion and consistency that students want to emulate and parents respect.
- Proactively seeks ways to improve how the school presents itself from a Christian perspective.
- Born again believer who exhibits the Fruit of the Spirit in their daily walk
- Regular attendee and supporter of a church whose fundamental beliefs are evangelical in nature
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com