Supervise and lead Preschool and Pre-K children in the Eaglet Club after-school program
2:30 PM -5:30 PM, Monday through Friday
- Plan and execute engaging activities for children which allow them to explore, play, and be creative
- Communicate with parents and families at pick-up regarding their daily activities and needs
- Oversee children in the gym and outside on the playground area to ensure safety while they play
- Lead and supervise Eaglet Club support staff
- Work and communicate with classroom teachers regarding students as needed
- Ensure that all safety and staffing protocols are followed according to licensing guidelines
- Communicate with Youth Activities and Early Education Directors weekly
Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, or meet teacher qualifications according to Minnesota Rule 3
Previous experience working with children in a school setting or licensed program
- Regular attendee of an Evangelical Christian Church
- Able to demonstrate the fruits of the spirit daily through interactions with students, parents, and colleagues
Communication – Demonstrates interpersonal oral communication skills by speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Written communication skills are clearly written with the audience identified and the message defined in an understandable format
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans.
Problem-solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments
Teamwork – Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is seen as a team player due to cooperation and support; easily gains trust and encourages collaboration
Technical Learning – Ability to learn and comprehend new technical skills and knowledge
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands or fingers to move objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the office environment is usually light, plant environment may be moderate to heavy. On occasion may be subject to working near moving mechanical parts.