Director Summer Camp
Director Summer Camp
New Life Academy, a non-profit Christian school, has an amazing opportunity for an experienced program director. New Life Church was formed in 1977 and shortly after New Life Academy (NLA) was born and today has become a Christian school enrolling more than 700 students of diverse backgrounds in grades preschool through twelve. NLA offers its families a complete educational experience as the largest non-denominational Christian School in the east metro area. All grades are located on one campus in Woodbury, MN a suburb of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. The weekly hours and weekly work schedule will fluctuate based on the ramp up of the programs, registration and camp events.
Today, NLA’s mission is to educate and energize each student to impact their world for Jesus Christ and to reach their full potential in scholarship, leadership and service out of love for God and one another by:
- Preparing each student for college and careers compatible with the individual’s needs, interests, and abilities.
- Helping develop each student’s unique talents and potential to excel by nurturing independence and self-worth.
- Instilling in each student a Christian world view.
Primary responsibilities will be to plan, develop, coordinate and oversee all summer camps, programs, and activities that include Early Education and Elementary children. In addition, the director is responsible for the development and marketing of all programs and facilities offered during the summer camp. The person needs to radiate enthusiasm and love in a fun, fast-paced environment for kids, and be willing to partner with families to create an unforgettable, positive experience for the children.
Essential job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create a vision for summer programming at New Life Academy that aligns with NLA’s mission to educate and energize each student to impact their world for Jesus Christ and to reach their potential in scholarship, leadership, and service out of love for God and one another.
- Create and coordinate a day-to-day camp activities schedule that enriches existing programming.
- Map out and schedule Summer Blast field trips and on-site activities.
- Post all job openings and interview applicants with Early Education Director.
- Schedule CPR/First Aid training for all Summer Staff.
- Helps develop and implement marketing and promotion camp descriptions for camp brochure, help set up summer programs in internal systems.
- Lead staff training and workshops for Summer Blast staff.
- Work with lead teachers to develop and implement curriculum.
- Ensure that all participants are supervised at all times during the summer program.
- Work alongside Early Education Director to ensure that all State of MN Rule 3 requirements are followed.
- Inform staff of health needs of students, provide families with necessary medical forms to complete.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Two (2) years of prior experience overseeing youth programming; prior summer camp or classroom experience preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and management skills leading cross-functional team members.
- Computer proficient with Microsoft office and internal programs and systems.
- Skilled in problem solving, team building, planning, prioritization skills and decision making
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org