The Development Manager is an experienced fundraising leader with demonstrated ability as a successful relationship builder, that actively collaborates with the Development Director to plan and execute a comprehensive development program. Top priorities include leading Annual Giving activities and building and maintaining an active, growing donor portfolio. Additionally, the Development Manager manages the alumni program, donor retention, stewardship, develop and coordinate events, direct mail, online appeals, while collaborating with the Development Team communication plans.
- Grow and manage a portfolio of donors.
- Proactively plan and execute an individual giving strategy, focusing on key priorities and meeting financial goals.
- Develop, in collaboration with the Development Director, a comprehensive donor work plan, including specific cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship goals for long-term, lapsed, and new donors.
- Plan and implement Annual Giving activities, including Annual Giving Cabinet, Parent, Grandparent, Parent of Alumni, and Alumni Annual Giving communication and solicitation efforts.
- Create personal correspondence, donor communications, solicitation emails and letters, documents, and proposals for Annual Giving.
- Develop creative approaches to expand and segment constituencies for increased Annual Giving, events and campaign participation rates.
- Develop and implement an effective strategy for incorporating Volunteers into the fabric of the overall fundraising effort. Oversee volunteer recruitment, coordination and retention.
Event Management and Sponsorship
- Oversee and manage the Annual Auction and Golf Tournament. Provide detailed project planning and execution support for special events, including enrollment, donor, and alumni events, volunteer, annual auction, and golf tournament. Manage related volunteer support committees.
- Oversee event details including printing materials, communications, steering committees, volunteer recruitment, and facilitating registration.
- Solicit event sponsors and gift-in-kind donations.
- Support all event activities as a valued leader of the Development team.
- Work with the Development Team and Enrollment & Marketing Team to design a comprehensive development communication plan.
- Contribute to development of an annual development plan and setting annual donor engagement and revenue goals.
- Recruit volunteers, students, and staff members and provide on-going supervision, for cultivation and solicitation activities as well as student and parent volunteer calling nights.
- Collaboratively create and enhance all aspects of a comprehensive development effort.
- Provide input on the yearly budget necessary to achieve strategic goals.
- Develop skills in constituent management, queries, reports, lists, and constituent information needed for direct mail, constituent giving analysis, and other related projects as required.
- Conduct research and create reports to identify potential donors, monitor goals, and track progress against goals.
- Leverage school activities to build relationships within the New Life Community.
Bachelor’s Degree in business.
3+ years of progressive experience in fundraising, annual giving and major gift fundraising or comparable experience. Independent Christian schools experience a plus.
Active attendee of an evangelical church, daily cultivation of personal relationship with Christ, and ability to share personal faith with others.
To apply, complete an application and send along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.