Custodial and Light Maintenance – Part-time
New Life Academy, a non-profit Christian school, has an amazing opportunity for a part-time custodial and light maintenance individual. New Life Church was formed in 1977 and shortly after New Life Academy (NLA) was born and today has become a Christian school enrolling more than 700 students of diverse backgrounds in grades preschool through twelve. NLA offers its families a complete educational experience as the largest non-denominational Christian School in the east metro area. All grades are located on one campus in Woodbury, MN a suburb of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Today, NLA’s mission is to educate and energize each student to impact their world for Jesus Christ and to reach their full potential in scholarship, leadership and service out of love for God and one another by:
- Preparing each student for college and careers compatible with the individual’s needs, interests, and abilities.
- Helping develop each student’s unique talents and potential to excel by nurturing independence and self-worth.
- Instilling in each student a Christian world view.
This hands-on position provides general custodial services and maintenance for New Life Academy and New Life Church, including safety and security systems.
Essential job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensures the highest level of facility cleanliness and appearance.
- Maintain flooring and carpet cleaning throughout the facility
- Maintain the cleanliness and maintenance needs of all restrooms.
- Detail cleaning of all spaces, office areas, class rooms, meeting rooms, gyms, etc.
- Light facilities maintenance and care. General repair, painting, etc.
- Provide for the effective and efficient set up and take down for Church and Academy events.
- Help provide light maintenance and facility repairs that are posted on the internal portal.
- Assist in maintaining security for the entire facility and grounds.
- Assure doors are secure (locked) both internal and external. (i.e. Worship Center, loading area, side doors, storage rooms, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of the security system.
- Thorough understanding of opening and closing procedures.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or relevant experience
- 1-3 years’ related experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills with a strong sense for Customer Service
- Believer in Jesus Christ and a regular attendee and supporter of a church whose fundamental beliefs are evangelical in nature.
- Understands and is compatible with New Life’s Mission, Vision, Values, and Priorities and a lifestyle appropriate to a person in Christian Ministry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service to faculty, staff, co-workers and outside customers
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule, working evenings, and possible weekends
- Ability to climb ladders and work from heights
- Ability to physically lift up to 60 pounds
- Ability to demonstrate a team attitude and approach to work
- Ability to work without close supervision