This position performs culinary activities within New Life Academy kitchen and coffee shop with primary responsibility for creating memorable guest experiences with pride, passion, and heart. Primary responsibilities include production and preparation of all menu items, recipes, and food sanitation. Responsible for seasoning and cooking soups, salads, sandwiches, meats, vegetables, baked goods, and other hot and cold menu items to company specifications for consumption by guests. Hours: Wednesday 7:30-2:30 and Monday or Friday 7:30-2:30.
- Maintains a clean, safe and sanitary facility by adhering to food quality standards and sanitation regulations.
- Prepares the line for service by estimating the meal period food requirements and procuring all products from storage.
- Works hot or cold line stations and cooks and prepares food to recipe. Ensures consistency and profitability by following recipe cards and adhering to menu specifications.
- Washes, peels, slices and mixes vegetables, fruits or other ingredients for salads, cold plates, and garnishes. Carves and slices meats and cheese.
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills and steam kettles. Observes and temps foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and inserting thermometer.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, salad dressings, desserts, sauces and casseroles.
- Bakes, roasts, broils and steams meats, fish, vegetables and other foods. Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking.
- Portions food in large pans for cafeteria service, on serving plates, or in disposable containers, adds gravies, sauces and garnishes according to menu specifications.
- Bakes bread, rolls, muffins, cakes and pastries.
- Receives and checks in purchased items to ensure accuracy. Receives and examines food and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Scrapes food from dirty dishes, racks, china, glassware, lunch trays, flatware and washes by hand or on dishwashing machine.
- Washes dishes, pots, pans and trays.
- Transports supplies and equipment between storage and work areas. Returns all clean kitchen utensils and equipment to proper storage location. Cleans kitchen equipment.
- Washes and properly sanitizes worktables, walls, refrigerators and meat blocks. Reorganizes work area in preparation for the next shift.
- Segregates and removes trash and garbage, and places in designated containers. Takes out trash and recycling. Cleans and maintains interior and exterior trash area. Sweeps and mops floors.
- Assists with new employee training by positively reinforcing successful performance and providing respectful and encouraging instruction.
- Complies with the New Life Academy’s Green Eco-Friendly initiative (when applicable).
- Completes all other duties as assigned.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and move through them quickly.
- Strong organizational skills and diligent attention to details.
- Ability to make decisions and work independently, as well as with a team.
- At least 2 years related experience in a high-volume, high energy, food and beverage environment.
- Working knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations related to food, safety, and sanitation.
- Food safety certified in the State of Minnesota.
- Availability to work after school occasionally, as arranged in advance with supervisor.
- Born again believer who exhibits the Fruit of the Spirit in their daily walk.
- Regular attendee and supporter of a church whose fundamental beliefs are evangelical in nature.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk, squat, and reach. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Complete a staff application (found on our Career Page) and email to email@example.com