With all the news surrounding the coronavirus, we want you to be aware of the precautions we are taking at New Life Academy.
We continue to stay aware of the latest information from public health professionals from World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Minnesota Department of Health to ensure we are aware of the most recent updates on COVID-19. The health and safety of our families is our priority. While the total number of coronavirus cases in the United States remains relatively small, experts expect this number to grow as testing increases and more individuals seek care.
Currently, the key recommendations from public health agencies to prevent the spread of coronavirus, flu and respiratory illnesses are regular, thorough, hand washing and that symptomatic individuals remain home rather than going to school or public places. New Life Academy has implemented or planned the following to increase awareness and protect our school community while on campus:
- We have increased the frequency of sanitizing touched surfaces, doorknobs, and banisters.
- We are ensuring that there is soap in all dispensers and encouraging everyone to remind students about the importance of hand washing.
- During Spring Break, we will be doing a deeper disinfecting procedure that will utilize a broad-spectrum fogger that will sanitize hard and soft surfaces as well as hard to reach places.
What can you do to help prevent the spread of flu, colds, and viruses?
The CDC recommends following these preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick. Please review New Life Academy’s sick policy here
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
The CDC and MDH update the public as soon as new information is available on their websites. Please use these sources to ensure you have the latest and most accurate information. For those who are traveling over spring break, please review recommendations related to travels and COVID-19.
While these may feel like uncertain times, we trust in a God who loves us and is in control. I pray for safe travels and protection of all of our families over spring break. Thank you for your support of New Life Academy.