Join our positive, Christ-centered Hospitality Team for a school year of impactful work and service! Our Coffee Shop Team has an awesome opportunity to positively influence all New Life Students during their lunch experience. These important staff members deliver coffee shop items to our community, ensuring a caring experience. Hours are Monday through Friday 11:15-1:15. This role is ideal for retirees interested in making impact on a reduced schedule. It is also ideal for parents at home who have some flexibility to contribute to our Christian mission and whom wish to get participate more actively in our school community. This is a school-year only, part-time position with all days off that students are not in school. This role is not benefit or tuition remission eligible. We offer a fun, spiritually-encouraging work setting with a goal of knowing and valuing all of our dedicated staff and students. Our Hospitality Team is a talented and efficient group of New Life Parents and volunteers who are committed to serving high-quality, healthy lunches and drinks and ensuring a positive lunch experience for all.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Efficiently take coffee shop orders from NLA Community.
- Ensure a positive, caring customer service experience, processing orders and financial transactions.
- Positively represent our Christ-centered culture to our internal and external community through upbeat, genuine exchanges.
- Follow safety protocols while preparing drinks.
- Clean kitchen and dining areas regularly.
- Operate equipment according to training and guidelines.
- Set up and restock food and drink items.
- Help students through the lunch line as needed to diminish uncertainty and confusion as they select their food options.
- Encourage students to ensure lunch time is a positive, safe time in their day.
- Communicate necessary concerns with teachers and principals of student health or conduct.
- High school degree or greater.
Prefer previous experience working with children in a school setting or licensed program.
- Regular attendee of an Evangelical Christian Church
- Able to demonstrate the fruits of the spirit daily through interactions with students, parents, and colleagues.
- In full alignment with our guiding principles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Complete a staff application (found on our Career Page) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org