Assistant Boys’ Soccer Coach
The assistant coach is responsible for helping the head coach implement an education-based athletics model to not only teach the rules, skills, techniques and strategies of the sport but also to help students grow in character and faith while in pursuit of competitive Godly excellence.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Support the overall mission and vision of New Life Academy and the athletics department through professional practices of honesty, integrity, respect and sportsmanship.
- Assist coaching the sport under the direction of the varsity head coach, which may include
- Setting up and cleaning up the practice and game facility
- Teaching skills and strategies to student athletes
- Organizing and reporting records and stats
- Processing film of practices and games
- Maintaining equipment and uniforms
- Assisting with camps, clinics and open gyms, including summer work or work outside of the season
- Supervising athletes in the weight room, training room, bus and school
- Attend all meetings required by the athletic director and/or the head coach.
- Where appropriate, act as the head coach of the team you are assigned.
- Complete all paperwork, attend preseason and postseason meetings, comply with MSHSL regulations, and complete season end responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Adhere to the sport, MSHSL, and Conference rules and guidelines.
- Act, dress, and respond professionally in all situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
HS Diploma required, AA or higher preferred.
First aid, CPR, and AED training preferred.
- Playing or coaching experience in the sport in which you are coaching.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in progressive opportunities.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Great verbal and written communicator.
- Requisite knowledge of skill development and strategy within sport and/or a desire to grow one’s knowledge for the future.
- Athlete-centered. Ability to build interpersonal relationships with athletes and other stakeholders of various abilities, backgrounds, and goals
- Organizational skills – be very organized and be able to set priorities.
- Problem solver and desire to learn new knowledge and skills.
- Born again believer who exhibits the Fruit of the Spirit in their daily walk.
- Regular attendee and supporter of a church whose fundamental beliefs agree with New Life Church.
- Have an interest in and commitment to the school, its people, and its mission.
To Apply, submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com