We believe that a family’s commitment to New Life Academy, and New Life’s partnership with students and families, begins with the signing of the first enrollment contract and should remain in effect for a family’s entire New Life Academy journey.
Effective starting in the 2021–2022 school year, New Life is launching a continuous enrollment contract. The contract signed in January 2021 for the 2021–2022 school year will govern the remainder of a student’s time at New Life Academy.
After this year, families will no longer be required to sign another contract unless enrolling a new student. However, if a re-enrollment deposit is not received by the due date, the student’s space may be offered to other applicants to the school. Please note that Variable tuition applications will still need to be submitted each year.
We are excited about this change, which will streamline the re-enrollment process for New Life Academy families.
Please direct questions to the Enrollment Office at email@example.com or 651-757-4340.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS RE-ENROLLMENT?
Re-enrollment is an annual data collection process that schools use to update enrollment records of the current student body. This information is used as the school makes plans for the following school year. Basically, the simple question is: “Are you coming back to school next year?” For our leadership team at New Life Academy, we need to know how many students we will have on the first day of school.
WHY DOES RE-ENROLLMENT MATTER AND WHY DO WE DO THIS EACH YEAR?
NLA leadership does a lot of planning to ensure that we’re prepared to fulfill our mission excellently every year. Until NLA families “sign on the line” that they’re coming back each year, we can’t make solid plans for staffing, programs, materials, curriculum and facility usage. We take the stewardship of tuition dollars entrusted to us every year very seriously. We want to invest these tuition dollars wisely so that we can provide the best education possible for our students.
I HAVE NO PLANS TO CHANGE SCHOOLS. CAN’T I JUST STAY UNTIL I TELL THE SCHOOL OTHERWISE?
Up until this point, re-enrollment has been an “opt-in” program. We annually ask every family, “Are you coming back?” ON average, more than 90% of our student return each year. So EVERYONE had to go through re-enrollment for the sake of less than 10% that, for one reason or another, left our school community.
By signing your Continuous Enrollment contract, you will be flipping that script. Rather than an opt-IN annual re-enrollment process, NLA’s annual re-enrollment will become an OPT-OUT process. In other words, if you’re coming back after signing your “Continuous Enrollment Contract,” you’ll never have to worry about this again. Just confirm your payment plan each year and you are set.
WHAT IS CONTINUOUS ENROLLMENT?
- Continuous enrollment is a simplified alternative to a cumbersome annual re-enrollment process in which families must repeat the same steps year after year.
- Continuous enrollment reflects New Life Academy’s ongoing partnership with families, and each student is automatically re-enrolled unless parents inform the school that they would like to withdraw their student.
- We’re living in an unsettled world with many unknowns. Continuous enrollment is an assurance of guaranteed placement. Despite increased demand for Christian education and growing wait pools, current families can count on New Life Academy to be here for their students.
AFTER I SIGN THE CONTINUOUS ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT, WHAT WILL NEXT YEAR LOOK LIKE?
- The Enrollment Office will reach out the following December and January to remind families of the timeline for continuous enrollment.
- If your family’s enrollment plans change for 2022–2023, there will be a window during which you can arrange to withdraw your student by communicating with Amy Clausen, Director of Marketing & Enrollment.
WHEN WILL I KNOW TUITION FOR EACH SCHOOL YEAR?
Tuition rates are set by the Governing Council every year and are updated annually on the NLA website by December 1.
HOW DOES VARIABLE TUITION WORK WITH CONTINUOUS ENROLLMENT?
- Variable Tuition is separate from enrollment. Families who would like to be considered for a Variable Tuition award need to submit a FAST application annually to apply for Variable Tuition.
- Variable Tuition awards will be communicated to families in January (by the stated date each year). This award will also be noted on your tuition statement in January.
- The withdrawal window for the 2021–2022 school year closes February 1, 2021. If a family chooses to withdraw their student, any Variable Tuition award will be rescinded.
WILL I STILL HAVE. TO PAY AN ENROLLMENT FEE IF I AM NOT SIGNING AN ANNUAL CONTRACT?
Yes, an annual non-refundable enrollment fee is due at the time you confirm your tuition and payment plan.
WHAT’S THE PENALTY IF I OPT OUT OF THIS CONTRACT?
WHAT ABOUT UNIQUE CIRCUMSTANCES?
Just like our current contract, we’ve built flexibility into this contract. So, for major life changes/unique circumstances like moving 25+ miles away from our school, or if NLA can no longer meet your child’s educational needs, if we ask your family to leave, or if there is some unforeseen circumstance that our Board or leadership approves, there will be no financial penalty.